Create your special haven to recharge your energy, this place should feel personal, good, and joyful. If you live by yourself you can obviously do whatever you wish and go big, but if you live with others, a small nook can do the trick. The idea is to make this area unique and personal, filled with items you adore and cherish, and to keep it clean, tidy and inviting. Think of it as a sacred place that is there for you whenever you need it.
Ideally, your entire home should be a safe haven but sometimes that's not possible, in that case, you can make your own nook. Set an intention for that place, is it simply a chilling place or meditation spot? Start by selecting items that you love and make sense for that space. My little meditation corner has some plants, crystals, a meditation pillow or zafu, and beautiful watercolor artwork. And for me, it's a pure delight each time I enter the space! Search for inspiration if you don't know where to start, and who knows? You may even discover that you have a hidden talent for arranging spaces!
More ideas for your recharging spot:
- Journaling desk - Make it welcoming, tidy, and practical. With everything, you need to journal in handy. And don't forget the light, do you journal during the day with natural light or do you need a lamp? Remember that it should be a stress-free corner.
- Reading nook - Once again, be aware of the light needed to read and make it comfortable. If you like reading while having a drink, put a side table and if it's winter have a blanket nearby for extra coziness.
- Meditation area - Think of investing in a zafu or set the space with a nice comfortable pillow to make it inviting. Add other items such as crystals to clear the energy in that space, an air cleaning plant, or other things that make sense to you. The sky's the limit! However, remember that this space should be clutter-free, so don't overdo it. Clear space, clear mind.
- Relaxing area - Arrange it with a nice sofa and add whatever you need to relax, a Bluetooth speaker for music, scent candles for relaxation, inspiring artwork, crystals, whatever makes you feel good, happy, and relaxed.
- Self-care corner - For self-massage or skincare moments, make it exceptional because you deserve it, add some scent candles and maybe some fresh flowers.
Crystals that you can use for your recharging spot:
- Celestine has a very high vibration, it has extensive divine energy. The gem also promotes the purity of the heart and attracts good fortune. It heals the aura and reveals the truth. Celestine brings balance and alignment. The stone is very creative and is very useful in the arts. Celestine calms and sharpens the mind, dispersing worries and promoting mental clarity and fluent communication. It also helps the analysis of complex ideas and builds harmony within.
- Clear Quartz helps clarify situations and opens intuition. It purifies and focuses energy, removing any stagnant energy. It is great for meditation because it opens higher awareness and psychic abilities. It's a super versatile crystal.
- Moonstone is a stone of new beginnings and is connected to the moon and your intuition. Just like the moon reflects the sun the stone is very reflective and reminds us that as the moon travels through its cycles so does our lives. The stone's most powerful effect is that it calms the emotions and helps to release stress.
Maintenance of the space:
- If you are using plants or flowers make sure to take good care of them and to keep them fresh and beautiful. Consider adding air cleaning plants to your home.
- Keep it tidy, an uncluttered space can do wonders for clearing the mind.
- Add only things you love to that place, and feel free to replace them once they no longer serve this purpose. We all change, so should your spot. Keep the energy flowing.
- Adjust your corner whenever needed, by season, schedules, etc.
In conclusion, you don't need a big space to have your own recharging spot. For most cases, a corner of the house will be enough. Also, try to have fun while creating your space, make it magical and your own.