How To Make Meditation A Daily Habit
Everybody experiences anxiety or a scattered mind every now and then. Leaving us distracted and flooded with random thoughts, these impulsive thoughts pull us away from our focus and intention toward life. It's like having a monkey mind that jumps randomly from branch to branch.
Meditation is a fabulous tool for the mind and soul that should be considered to implement into your daily habits. That will improve your wellbeing and calm the monkey mind. But like any other habit, the challenge is sticking with it! If you wish to start this meditation journey, here are some tips:
- Be realistic about the time for your practice. I used to think that I would need to meditate for hours to achieve clarity and ease. But, soon discovered that I was more likely to stick to my practice by setting realistic goals. Start small 5, 10, or 20 minutes a day will do wonders.
- Choose a specific time of the day and mark it in your calendar. Meditating in the morning can give you a real boost throughout the day and help you start the day with a clear intention. But you can easily fit your new daily habit into any time of the day, I would recommend choosing a moment when you have some free time, early in the morning, lunch break, at night, whatever time works best for you!
- You can do it anywhere, anytime! You can set a special place for meditation at home to honour and enhance your sacred ritual, the use of essential oils and gems will make that moment even more special. Essential oils like Lavender, Sandalwood, or Rose can reduce stress while the Celestine crystal calms and sharpens the mind, dispersing worries and promoting mental clarity and fluent communication. Besides its soothing influence, relaxes muscle tension and calms mental torment. But this doesn't stop you from practising meditation on a bus, at a park bench, or even in a parking lot, I mean, luckily for us the possibilities are endless ;)
- There are other ways to bring meditation into your life like, you can introduce yoga training into your routines. Tuning the body and mind it's a great way to feel renewed and balanced. It's an excellent way to just be "here and now" and to listen to your body. The practice helps to sharpen your intuition, awakens your energy flow.
- Be a part of a community that shares the same interests and values, this will take you a long way and will give you the opportunity of sharing knowledge and experiences. It can be online communities, yoga classes, meditation apps, you name it!
- Choose your meditation wisely. You can experiment with different types of meditation according to your mood, place, or intention. There are plenty of variations to try off! Mindful Breathing, Counting Breaths, or perhaps a Mindful Walk. As your practice continues, you will be able to figure out what type of meditation suits you.
- Accept that there will be bumps on the road! Your mind will wander, somedays you won't feel like it, plus you will need training until you start feeling the benefits. However, remember that the days when you don't feel like it, probably are when you need it the most! It is also alright if your meditation time goes back from 15 to 5 minutes. Be kind to yourself during this process and cheers for giving it a try :)
Meditating is a marvellous and eye-opening journey, it won't fix your life, you will still experience feelings like sadness or anxiety, yet, that's what makes us humans, right? But it will give you the tools to be present moreover recognize and deal with your emotions more healthily and constructively. Thus, building your own path towards a beautiful life.